Weekend PT Shift Schedule: Saturday - Sunday 6AM - 4:30PM, $20.00/hr with overtime available.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for pulling product from weekly distribution requests using a Sit down Forklift or Cherry Picker. Other duties may include but not limited to, shipping and receiving, light computer work, the use of DC equipment and the ability to work well in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pulls product for all weekly distribution to stores.
- Prepares and stages orders for shipping.
- Operates powered industrial forklift/cherry picker to transport inventory.
- Responsible for reporting any issues related to the forklift equipment to direct supervisor/manager.
- Ensures proper paperwork is completed before product is sent out to stores or events.
- Assists with receiving incoming freight when needed.
- Assists with new store/event receiving and tagging when needed.
- Partners with management to sustain workplace health and safety requirements according to OSHA regulations and the Company safety guidelines.
- Load/unload trucks when needed.
- Carries out tasks as assigned by the distribution center supervisor/manager.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management.
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance.
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations.
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations.
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in a DC environment.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience working with a forklift or cherry picker.
- Valid forklift certification required.
- Knowledge of UPS World Ship a plus.
- Knowledge of general DC procedures including shipping and receiving.
- Knowledge working with POS system – Aptos a plus.
- Able to operate all DC equipment, forklift, cherry picker, pallet jack.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System experience a plus.
- Decision Making
- Results Orientated
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.