Cortica is looking for a Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst to join its growing team! In this role, you will be a key member of the Finance team and will have significant responsibility for the organization’s Financial Planning and Analysis Function. This role presents an exciting opportunity in an innovative, high-growth company still in its early stages of development.
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission!
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual’s qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support, including developing financial projections and financial models.
- Track KPIs and prepare financial and operational reports.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the long-range financial forecast model and partner with other teams across the organization to ensure that the modeling assumptions are reasonable and current.
- Help drive the annual budgeting process for functional areas.
- Assist in the creation, consolidation and distribution of monthly reports and critical metrics to key partners.
- Build and manage relationships across the business and be the POC for analytical support for assigned teams.
- Support the monthly financial close process and the annual financial audit as required.
- Build slides for executives, the board of directors, or other management and staff presentations.
- Provide decision support (return on investment, benchmarking, etc.) on company decisions (partnerships, customer contracts, M&A activities, etc.).
- Provide insights into the organization’s financial performance, including expense run-rates, trends, variance analysis, and project costs.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and build financial models to support management business decisions.
- Conduct ROI and Go/No-Go analysis on Capex Expenditures.
- In this role you are occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- You bring 2+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis and modelling
- You possess healthcare related FP&A experience
- You bring experience processing large datasets, including scrubbing of “unclean” data
- You possess the ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience, including the ability to format clear, presentation quality Executive Summaries
- You have solid working knowledge of financial strategies and modelling best practices
- You have the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- You ideally have experience in a Private Equity/Venture Capital backed organizations, including routine interaction with professional investor groups
- You ideally have expert level Microsoft Excel skills
- You ideally also have experience using various BI tools
Cortica is a leading provider of advanced neurological therapies for children with autism and other developmental differences. We offer in-home, in-clinic, and telehealth services that empower families to achieve long-lasting, transformative results.