Noblis MSD is seeking a Project Financial Analyst in support of contracts with the USN to perform overall Cost Estimation/Cost Engineering, Scope Analysis, Financial Management and Modeling. The ideal candidate has a background in financial and project management with analytical experience, understands and is familiar with the principles of project management, is well written and well spoken.
This position supports the Noblis MSD Program Management Office (PMO) in the financial execution of contract tasking. Candidate will work directly with various project managers and project control teams and is responsible for reporting on the financial health of the project as well as schedule and deliverable tracking for multiple contracts. Candidate must be in the San Diego area.
Principal role of monitoring, controlling, financial management and historical financial data collection and oversight in support of Program and Project Managers.
- Funding analysis, profitability tracking, labor & non-labor financials, program funding charts, monthly expenditure charts, ETC/EAC calculations, Earned Value Management (EVM) charts and cost variance charts to analyze historical financials and track current task spending
- Developing detailed cost estimates (labor and ODC) throughout the contract and prior to each contract award term
- Understanding government contract structures, tracking and managing contract mods and funding lines to coincide with budgets
- Documented high degree of proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases (specifically Excel)
- Understanding of Earned Value Management principles
- Basic analytical skills, and strong numerical skills are necessary
- Understanding of timekeeping and financial management systems, DELTEK/Cost Point/COGNOS/Claritas financial management systems is preferred
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Understanding of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9XXX
- Understanding of the DoD Acquisition System and Planning Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) system a plus
- Familiarity with USN organizations, functional missions, environment and programs
- PMP Certification is desired
- Proficiency in Excel
- BA/BS in Financial, Business, or Analytics related field with 5-7 years of experience, or 9+ years related documented experience if no degree, performing a combination of financial, project management and analytical functions
- Former DoD experience highly desirable (military or civilian)
- 4+ years supporting DoD clients in related role
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
- Project Management Office (PMO/PCO) and/or specific contract support experience is a must
Client Engagement· Learn about the Noblis business development lifecycle, processes, tools, and account structure · Contribute specialized domain or technical content to proposal sections or client white papers · Build a productive relationship with your client and understand their structure and goals
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, Noblis MSD and Noblis + Mikros Systems tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.