Fujifilm Dimatix, Inc. strives to offer a healthy work environment that promotes individual responsibility and growth, a collaborative spirit, and an atmosphere that encourages learning, professional development and achievement.
We search for the most talented and qualified people for both external and internal opportunities. At Fujifilm, performance, development and accountability are the standards to which the company and its people strive toward. And to support its employees, we offer programs that motivate, educate and promote a healthy work-life balance, which increase employee satisfaction and overall personal well-being.
Fujifilm is committed to offering a comprehensive and flexible benefit program to meet the needs of employees and their families. This flexible approach allows employees to create a program that fits their lives. At Fujifilm, INNOVATION and PEOPLE matter.
FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer
ATTN Staffing Services: We do not accept unsolicited resumes.External :
Fujifilm Integrated Inkjet Solutions - FIIS is looking for a motivated person to join our Electrical Engineering team. The successful candidate will have a strong desire for continuous learning and an eagerness to tackle new challenges. This is a hands-on position requiring creative thinking and a solid foundation of engineering skills and modern practices.
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates industrial electronic hardware/ assemblies/components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering
Knowledge & Application
Complete knowledge and full understanding of area of specialization, principles and practices within a professional discipline. Assesses unusual circumstances and uses sophisticated analytical and problem solving techniques to identify cause. Resolves and assesses a wide range of issues in creative ways and suggests variations in approach. This job is the fully qualified, experienced professional, journey-level position.
Complexity & Problem Solving
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of information requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Devises solutions based on limited information and precedent and adapts existing approaches to resolve issues. Uses evaluation, judgment, and interpretation to select right course of action. Work is done independently and is reviewed at critical points.
Collaboration & Interaction
Enhances relationships and networks with senior internal/external partners who are not familiar with the subject matter often requiring persuasion. Adapts style to differing audiences and often advises others on difficult matters.
Typical Degree & Years of Experience
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, test and document industrial control panels, systems and circuity, cabling/interconnects working in a project team environment
- Design, test and document printed circuit boards and assemblies
- Responsible for engineering design/documentation on Industrial projects and provide electrical design for programmable controllers, operator/field/devices, communication networks, DC Power distribution and load balancing for current sharing with parallel power supplies.
- Analyzes the customer’s requirements to determine the optimal industrial control panel design and determines configurations and architectures.
- Interfaces with the engineering managers, Test engineering, manufacturing engineering, program/project manager to support an engineering design and delivery thereof. Presents status updates and options as required to maintain schedule/budget/quality
- Supports manufacturing to assess progress, provide technical assistance, and inspection of
- Responsible for performing research and development efforts
- Troubleshoot and analyze electronic assemblies to identify root cause failure modes
- Evaluate and improve design, build and production support processes
- Review project hardware for compliance with applicable standards and codes to assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully applied
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Analytical mindset with drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and cross-functional teams
- Engineering documentation skills including engineering drawings, product specifications, test procedures, engineering changes, etc.
- Hands-on troubleshooting skills to the component level
- Problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering to arrive at practical solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually as well as with vendors, customers, engineers, testing and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience with in electrical design and schematic capture (AutoCAD Electrical 2019 preferred)
- Experience with PCB design, component selection, and PCB layout tools (Altium Designer preferred)
- Experience with PCB troubleshooting , diagnostics, and repair
- Experience with mechanical design tools (SolidWorks preferred)
- System level design experience
- Experience with Ethernet networking
- Database experience
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May have to pick up components that are up to 35 lbs.
- Potential travel to customer and vendor sites
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will spend time in a laboratory, manufacturing and office environments
- Works with high voltage and near moving mechanical parts
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fujifilm Dimatix, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer