Established in 1974, Sidock Group is a full service multi-disciplined firm with offices throughout Michigan. Sidock Group, Inc. is a service-based organization whose primary mission is to provide innovative, engineered solutions tailored to our clients' individual needs. To further this mission, we promote long-term client relationships, remain closely involved with our clients and their projects, and assemble qualified and dedicated teams for each project in efforts to assure that our clients receive the services they expect and deserve.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) Tax-Deferred savings plan.
Sidock Group, Inc. currently has an employment opportunity for Field Inspector / Technician in Wyandotte and Novi, MI.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as field inspector or on-site technician for various projects / construction activities at Client’s facilities.
- Perform job site safety activities including confined space attendant, ground safety and traffic control.
- Perform field measurements on various projects for as-built documentation and to obtain design information.
- Perform office activities which may include document control, report development and the use of AutoCAD.
- High School Diploma or GED and proficiency in writing and mathematics
- Structural engineering experience.
- Experience in the heavy industrial sector (steel mills, refineries, power plants, chemical plants, etc.) and construction experience a plus.
- Flexibility in work hours required.
- Comfortable working at heights such as ladders, aerial lifts and scaffolding.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills.
· Able to interface and perform in a team-based environment and individually with minimal supervision
· Must be able to wear a respirator and perform duties as needed with appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Must have current driver’s license
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Have the potential & skill set to effectively complete job tasks.
CERTIFICATIONS (Preferred or able to obtain):
- OSHA 10 safety training
- Meet job site specific safety requirements including client required drug testing
- Respirator fit test
- Manlift operator certification
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send your resume to the email address listed.
Job Type: Full-time