Waters Corporation's Field Services Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that are technical experts on Waters’ product suite. As a Field Service Specialist, working for an industry leader, you'll join a global team of specialists that are crucial to ensure Waters’ legendary service for our customers who utilize our scientific instrumentation and software.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to provide technical expertise on Waters' innovative product suite (LC, LC/MS, HPLC/UPLC, SFC) for multiple customer laboratories spanning across the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Chemical Materials, Clinical, Food, Environmental, Forensics, Academia and Government industries.
Waters Corporation is seeking a highly skilled, motivated and customer focused individual to join our renown Field Services Organization in the Indianapolis, IN area.
- Installation, performance maintenance, troubleshoot and support Waters' product suite (LC, LC/MS, HPLC/UPLC, SFC, Informatics)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with external and internal customers ensuring their success
- Manage customer expectations, by communicating work performed and providing follow up plan if needed
- Ensure customer compliance regulations are followed
- Deliver system level training at customer sites
- Manage service inventory according to Waters policies
- Issue field service reports daily to document work performed
- Maintain sound knowledge regarding the technology and customers' application demands
- Work with Sales team in respect to identifying future business development opportunities and needs for service contract sales
- Ensure that quality system procedures and Health & Safety standards are adhered to at all times
- BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, engineering or other science related field is desired, will also consider applications with equivalent experience, training and education
- 2 years of experience with installation, performance maintenance, troubleshooting, support and/or end user utilization of scientific instrumentation, preference for previous Waters product suite (LC, LC/MS, HPLC/UPLC, SFC, Informatics)
- Valid Driver's License in good standing is mandatory
- Ability to perform effective system level troubleshooting
- Understanding of the scientific application workflow along with the scientific software systems (CDS, SDMS, LIM, ELN)
- Overnight travel as required including international travel for training
- Must possess a strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience with specific customer needs
- Personal sense of integrity
- Effective time management skills
- System level approach to problem solving
- Analytical mindset with a strong drive to resolve open issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.