Come work for the largest equipment dealer in North America! Are you a Technician/Mechanic with auto, diesel, agricultural, material handling, lift truck or heavy equipment repair experience? If so, then we want you on our team!
Technicians are at the backbone of our organization; therefore, we provide them with the tools and resources to be successful:
- Company van (parked at home each day)
- Company fuel card
- Company paid cell phone
- Manufacturer technical training program with raises
- Tool insurance
- Bonus incentive programs (safety, quote, profit sharing, new sales leads)
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Outstanding benefits package (BCBS PPO, Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages: $20 - $32 per hour
- Company uniforms provided
- Performing preventative maintenance on customer forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Diagnose and repair all forms of customer equipment
- Completing each repair job in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Work and manage workloads independently
- Proper completion and submission of all required paperwork
- Field Technicians are responsible for company vehicle and on-board parts inventory
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- Two years of previous forklift repair expereince is highly desired, which includes experience in the Military, Guard or Reserve with an MOS or NEC code of 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63Y, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M or CM
- Previous field experience is highly preferable
- Strong working knowledge of electric and liquid propane units
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Possess own tools
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license to drive company vehicle
- Computer programs - HYPASS, Hyster TKC training software and Yale/Hyster contact management system
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear; Occasionally will sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 26 to 100 plus pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and heat (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our employees across North America are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For::
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learningOther Opportunities at Alta:
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.