$750 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct member assessments if needed
- Comprehensive care management
- Care coordination
- Health promotion
- Transitional planning and follow - up
- Individual and family support
- Referral to relevant community and social support services
- Improve health and self - management of conditions
- Provide transition and personalized care to help
- Reduce the progress of chronic disease
- Reduce inappropriate emergency department utilization, preventable hospital re - admissions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in social work, psychology, social services, human services, or behavioral sciences OR Associate's Degree (or higher) with Medical Assistant Certified in the state of WA or National Certification OR High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with either an Indian Health Service (IHS), an LPN license in the state of WA OR equivalent work experience as a Community Health Worker (CHW)
- Must reside in Thurston County, WA or the Olympia area
- Must have resided within the local community for 1+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents, spreadsheets, correspondence in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to travel locally within the county up to 60% of the time with mileage reimbursement (once cleared due to Covid - 19)
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group - approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Field Based experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of WA Medicaid and Medicare populations
- Experience in Counseling or Behavioral Health
- Case management experience
- Experience working with members of all ages (children to geriatric)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Thurston County, social work, psychology, social services, human services, or behavioral sciences, Associate Degree, Medical Assistant, Indian Health Service, HIS, Certified Community Health Representative, CHR, LPN, hiring immediately, #rpo, Sign-On Bonus