Interested in working at the café at the Design Innovation Hub (DI HUB)? Come work in Culinary Services!
This location offers the convenience of being located right next to the Quad residence halls (Stopher/Johnson, Lake/Olson). Working at the DI Hub guarantees that you'll have the weekends free from work as DI is only open Monday-Friday.
Description Position Summary: The Food Service Student Worker is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Food Service Student Worker must be a student (and enrolled in at least 6 credits for undergraduate students and 3 credits for graduate students) at the Kent State University. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by each location based on KSU requirements and business needs.
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Sets up work stations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
- Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes work stations
- Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers’ needs
- Replenishes food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Kent State University safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by leadership
- On-Campus location: Next to Quad residence halls
- A free meal a day during the shift you work
- Opportunities to move up to a Student Manager position ($11.50/hr)