Facility & Grounds Keeper
Monday - Friday PM - Noon- until completion
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00/hr. DOE
General Summary: The main purpose of the Facility & Grounds Keeper is to keep the company’s grounds in a clean and orderly condition.
Essential Job Functions:
- Keeps buildings in clean and orderly condition.
- Performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning debris from sidewalk and parking lots
- May remove stains from surfaces such as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Collects garbage from offices and dumps garbage in garbage bin
- Collect unnecessary boxes, break them down & collect shrink wrap
- Compact cardboard & shrink wrap as necessary
- Cleans the bathrooms and company kitchens
- Pick up debris from the floors (wood, plastic, cardboard, etc.)
- Sweep floor as needed
- Sweep outside docking area as needed
- Dusting of warehouse racking
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge Public Safety and Security
- Skills - Reading Comprehension
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively. 4) Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Abilities: 1) Trunk Strength 2) Extent Flexibility 3) Manual Dexterity 4) Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. 5) Static Strength 6) Ability to use a broom, compactors, hand trucks, and general cleaning aids 7) Ability to understand simple instructions, work independently, and make decisions regarding tasks assigned including some prioritization needs
- Ability to work well with other employees to foster a respectful and professional work environment
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
License and Certifications:
- Valid Oregon Driver’s license