Home Market Foods (HMF) is a fast growing, category leading producer of protein-based meal solutions that is as committed to treating our colleagues and customers as family, as we are to delighting consumers with award winning products. Our innovative products are sold at the top retailers and food service customers in North America, and it is our commitment to empower our people and treat them with respect and kindness that defines who we are. Our success is supported by our collaborative culture, decentralized decision-making, and commitment to compassionate leadership.
HMF is headquartered in Needham, MA, located just miles from the Boston metropolitan area. We have consistently delivered exceptional top and bottom-line growth and are proud to be the largest producer of meatballs in North America. We are building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and transformational investments in state-of-the-art manufacturing and R&D capabilities. Because we recognize an obligation to future generations, HMF is committed to promoting environmental sustainability in all we do.
Our success is directly dependent on attracting, retaining, and investing in the best possible talent across all functions. If you share our passion for delicious, nutritious, and convenient foods, as well as our deep-rooted ethos of treating each other as family and friends, we would like to meet you!
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the Norton facility. The Technician will be responsible for coordinating any third-party activities on site including dealing directly with outside contractors. This Technician will also monitor all facility infrastructure and utility systems and update the Facilities Manager on a regular basis.
This opportunity is located in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility with the following shifts available:
Second Shift: 2:00pm- 10:30pm
Third Shift: 10pm-6:30am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow and create new preventive maintenance programs where applicable
- Review all areas of the physical plant on a daily basis and make any necessary repairs
- Communication with the Facilities Manager if outside support is needed and monitor contractors on site
- Correct any plant deficiencies in a professional and timely fashion
- Troubleshoot and repair utility, building and ground issues
- Respond to off hour emergencies
- Complete and fill out daily work orders
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in basic electrical
- Experienced in basic plumbing
- Experienced in basic HVAC
- Experienced in building construction
- Experienced in basic refrigeration
- Experienced in basic welding
The below physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Must have good vision
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment where a broad range of tasks may be required
- Must be able to work in a cold environment and in confined spaces. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- This position requires participation in our mandatory respiratory protection program with respect to some essential tasks. Performance of confined space entry is also required with respect to some tasks which are essential to this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform tasks in both cold and hot work environments
- Work Schedule may periodically rotate and include as necessary performance of duties on Holidays.
- Company provided Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be worn while on the production floor
Home Market Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.