The Springs at Lake Oswego is seeking an experienced Facilities Engineer for our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community. Our beautiful community opened in 2019 right in the heart of the action of Lake Oswego, with features and amenities carefully selected to match this prime real estate location. The Springs at Lake Oswego received a top award from judges with Environments for Aging's 25th annual Design Showcase. The community features a rooftop terrace complete with outdoor kitchen, putting green, garden, bocce ball, dog park, and more! Along with condominium style Independent Living apartments with gourmet kitchens and heated tile floors in the bathroom and many state of the art communal areas.Job Description
What you will do in this role:
- Assures proper and consistent daily maintenance of facility exterior, including building, lawn, plant and/or flower beds, walkways, driveways, and parking lot, by performing or supervising maintenance tasks or facilitating such performance by contracted maintenance services personnel.
- Assures proper and consistent daily maintenance and housekeeping of facility interior, including resident apartments, common areas, offices, storage rooms, and kitchen, by performing or supervising maintenance tasks or facilitating such performance by contracted maintenance services personnel.
- Interviews, hires, supervises and supports reporting positions.
- Repairs facility equipment or facilitates repair by contracted maintenance services personnel.
- Serves as the contact person for all resident/employee phone, cable, and computer issues, security camera, door locks, Emergency call and any other campus-wide systems.
- Performs duties associated with facility emergency preparation and response systems, including but not limited to fire safety.
- Represents department lead in adhering to maintenance and housekeeping budgets.
- Maintenance support
- Work with all maintenance personnel to service the building.
- Provide technical support for building management, utilities, and other departments for planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance of existing and new building systems.
- Provide management support for maintenance initiatives and preventative maintenance programs.
- Building Stewardship
- Maintain and provide technical information regarding building systems in support of maintenance and special projects, regulatory inspections, and emergency response.
- Project Management
- Manage building maintenance projects as required. Select and negotiate with contractors and consultants through The Springs’ procurement process. Oversee and coordinate the activities of contractors and consultants. Ensure compliance with code and regulatory standards. Coordinate project with applicable Home Office support departments. Coordinate with department managers regarding project schedule, issues, and status.
The Springs, a Certified Great Places to Work Company, offers the following and more!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K matching
- Paid Vacation
- Scholarship Opportunities for employees and their children
- Leadership Training and Coaching
- FREE access to Gym/Weight Room and Pool/Hot Tub
- FREE access to HEALTH EXPRESS for employees and their household
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- FREE chiropractor/massage visits in the community
- Discounted Healthy Meals and Free Beverages
- Fun and inclusive atmosphere
- 5-7 years experience.
- Maintains current CPR and first aid certification as necessary to fulfill state regulations.
- Maintains current and appropriate driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret administrative regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- We are in compliance with the State of Oregon's requirement that all workers in a healthcare setting be fully vaccinated. Religious and medical exceptions will be recognized within the terms of the rule.