Oversees the Food and Beverage Front of the House operations within an assigned venue. Manages and coordinates the activities of team members; implements, communicates, and ensures the achievement of operational goals and objectives, marketing strategies, and budgets; ensures compliance with policies and procedures; and monitors forecasts, budgets, costs, and operating results. Provides effective leadership within the department and addresses team member issues.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Administers daily pre-shifts to all team members.
* Assigns job tasks and sets clear objectives and expectations.
* Prioritizes tasks and works efficiently to ensure all work is performed and completed on time.
* Manages team members equitably based upon performance and does not show favoritism.
* Monitors and reviews job performance and provides timely feedback designed to continuously improve individual and team performance including writing and delivering of formal corrective action.
* Quickly and effectively deals with inappropriate behavior or individual issues affecting the team.
* Leads by example in areas to include technical ability, work ethic, dress code, communication style and attendance. Enforces all appearance and uniform guidelines.
* Proactively provides answers to questions and information to team members.
* Supports management decisions, maintains confidentiality, and remains positive during times of difficulty or change.
* Offers suggestions and solutions to issues; recommends changes to departmental policies and procedures to improve efficiency and performance; makes good decisions and exhibits sound judgment.
* Ensures that all workers are in compliance with health and safety standards and regulations.
* Ensures that all food and beverage products served meet the established standards and ensures temperature logs are completed and filed every shift as applicable.
* Ensures that new team members are effectively integrated into the work group through training.
* Ensures that all service equipment is handled safely and with reasonable care, reporting mechanical problems to the proper department for repair.
* Ensures the POS cash registers are maintained and closed out at the designated times as well as back up kits are in place for use during power outages.
* Ensures that proper security measures are taken for safekeeping of funds to and from the casino vault.
* Ensures office and other supplies are available.
* Ensures that FB team members provide every guest with fast, friendly and timely service.
* Responsible for the accounting and reconciliation of the Point of Sale systems and revenue.
* Maintains a neat, clean, organized, safe and comfortable work environment for the staff and guests at all times.
* Provides first level support and issues resolution in a timely manner; escalates issues appropriately.
* Spends a minimum of 90% of time on the floor interacting with guests and coaching associates.
* Visits every guest at every table during shift to ensure service and food quality meet the expectations of the guests and that issues are resolved prior to the guest departing Viejas.
* Monitors guest service and staff performance by soliciting guests’ feedback through direct interaction and comment cards.
* Attends and supports all guest service training courses; ensures that all team members in the unit attend as required.
* Maintains knowledge of and ensures all team members are aware of current marketing promotions
and/or special events.
* Tracks and manages daily schedule changes including coverage for call offs; determines who to cut early to save on labor.
* Conducts pass down of relevant and critical information to relief team members before going on breaks or at the end of shift.
* Communicates in written form utilizing proper spelling, grammar and punctuation to present a clear and professional message in all communications.
* Attends all required training and meetings.
* Completes all required and necessary documentation with complete and accurate information in a timely manner.
* Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
* Reads and responds to emails on a daily basis.
* Attends all required training and meetings.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FOUR STAR & FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members will display a Forbes Travel Guide Four Star and AAA Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Viejas Casino & Resort.
* Is a role model of the Viejas’s service culture.
* Leads by example and creates strong morale and engagement in his/her team.
* Communicates company and departmental goals and fosters open communication across the department.
* Fosters a culture of accountability, providing regular feedback to team members, including celebrating successes and addressing areas needing improvement.
* Manages conflict effectively; listens and assesses situations; takes action to resolve.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain corporation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
* Provides immediate supervision to servers, hosts/hostesses cashiers, bussers, bartenders, cocktail servers, barbacks, and baristas as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Excellent guest service skills.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong planning, organizational and managerial skills.
* Demonstrate strong motivational commitment to the organization.
* Ability to prepare standard reports and documents.
* Ability to exercise sound personnel management practices while illustrating firm dispositions in dealing with team member issues.
* Knowledge of buffet line operating requirements.
* Knowledge of minimum temperature requirements for food/drink preservation.
* Knowledge of casino purchasing requirements for food/drink preservation.
* Knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local sanitary regulations regarding the preparation, maintenance, storage and sales of food/drink products.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or GED certificate required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a non-gaming license at the key employee level.
* Food Handler’s Certificate required.
* Training in Intervention and Prevention (TIPS) Certificate Card must be obtained within 90 days of start of employment and recertification is maintained every three years.
* 2 years of experience in restaurant or food service capacity required.
* 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience required.
* Prior Four or Five Diamond experience preferred.