Let’s open doors to the future – together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the Global Leader in Door Opening Solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, arenas, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY Door Controls Group means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities. We are dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience.
Headquartered in Monroe, North Carolina since 1957, the ASSA ABLOY Door Controls (AADCG) facility designs and manufactures door closers, pivots, electrified closers, and low energy electrical operators with growing innovations like Wi-Fi programming and setup. Our product offering brands include Norton, RIXSON, Sargent, Corbin Russwin, Yale, and Arrow.
Here at AADCG, we have prepared a Product Road Map with innovation in mind and we are positioned for strong growth. To continue this innovative spirit, we are looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join the team and make a significant contribution to expanding our product offering, and support our current designs. We are seeking an Engineer experienced at design, results oriented, technically savvy, and a strong team player.
Does this stir your interest? If so, open the door a little further and take a closer look.
As an Intermediate Firmware Engineer, you will join a team of professionals in developing and verifying embedded firmware solutions. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate as a member of the team in the technical design, implementation and verification of embedded firmware.
- Read and understand analog and digital schematics.
- Analyze and integrate firmware involving new microcontroller technologies
- Program processors using C/C++ and assembly language to implement core firmware components.
- Design and implement tests to verify firmware.
- Work with System Architects in the development of the firmware solutions.
- Work with Application Engineers to address customer’s issues and needs.
- Work in collaboration with other ASSA ABLOY sites to design solutions and resolve customer issues.
- Participate in detailed design and code reviews of implementations.
- Sustain current product and develop next generation product.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in embedded real-time systems.
- Write comprehensive engineering documentation including design documents, specifications, implementation notes, and verification test plans.
- Present technical information to small teams of engineers and technical marketing personnel.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate? Great question!
- BS in Electrical Engineering; Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Three years or more of software/firmware system development with emphasis in embedded processing or demonstrated comparable experience.
- Detailed working knowledge of firmware design and implementation.
- Knowledge of RTOS constructs including processes, threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms, and memory management.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, design, implement and document complex firmware systems.
- Demonstrated ability to complete embedded product development (through commercial release).
- Capable of working with customers and technology partners in architecture development.
- Proficient programmer in C, C++ and assembly for embedded devices.
- Experience in Embedded OS and Firmware a plus
- Knowledgeable in use of tool chains and debug tools.
- Effective communicator of technical ideas using verbal as well as written skills
- Ability to work well in both a local or global team environment.
- Willingness to set and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision.
- Knowledge of FW written for Motor Driver and Power Driver circuits.
- Knowledge of OS driver architectures
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485, USB, Zigbee, and Bluetooth.
- Experience with IEEE 802.11x WiFi, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Layers 2 & 3, 802.3af POE.
- Experience with Eclipse-based IDEs.
- Experience with ARM-based processors.
- Experience with FreeRTOS and STMicro Cube.
- Knowledge of electronics and hardware debugging.
Would you like to join us in opening doors of the future?
Take a step closer by applying on our website.
We are very interested in discovering more about you.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
No Relocation Provided.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.