At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60 retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.Job Description
We are currently searching for an Expeditor to join our Supply Chain Purchasing Department. In this role, you’ll be responsible for communicating with domestic and import vendors to ensure all critical deliveries arrive at our various warehouse locations on time. In addition, you will escalate urgent deliveries to key stakeholders and report any pending delivery delays to management. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting deadlines and receiving essential orders on time.
Initially, this position will be remote; however, we are looking for someone who will eventually be able to work from our Carson, CA, headquarters three times a week on a regular basis.
A day at Lakeshore looks like this:
- Identifying and communicating gaps in supply that impact our ability to fulfill orders on time and preserve business continuity
- Contacting suppliers to ensure all purchase orders are received and that shipments will arrive on time
- Escalating critical supply and demand deficiencies to key stakeholders (i.e., Purchasing Management, Vendor Relations and Inbound Logistics)
- Tracking and updating order inventory in our purchasing system to maintain accuracy of order history
- Maintaining constant contact with vendors during production and transit
- Notifying the management team in a timely manner if a critical delivery is running late
- Working with vendors to solve invoicing issues that could delay payment processing
- Communicating urgent shipment arrivals to various warehouses
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Prior expediting experience or comparable degree in a business-related field
- Ability to analyze data
- Proven decision-making skills
- Insight into current sales trends is critical
- A strong sense of urgency and effective follow-through
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus bonus plan
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- Exceptional training and support, and all the resources you need to be successful
- On-site preschool for our employees’ children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and to create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.