Responsible for supervision of the Housekeeping Department operations and personnel, including assistant executive housekeeper/suite inspectors, suite attendants, housemen and laundry personnel.
- Directly supervises multiple non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Claremont Hotels, LLC’s policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with guests, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise department personnel, insuring the department is appropriately staffed to: provide daily cleaning service to guest suites and public areas in accordance with Company SOP.
- Actively supervise and monitor performance of department personnel.
- Conduct all department personnel performance appraisals
- Plan and distribute work assignments for the department
- Clean suites as needed
- Inspect premises, guest suites, linen rooms, guest laundry, employee lounge and public areas to assure quality standards of housekeeping are being maintained.
- Train department personnel.
- Maintain purchase records and participate in the preparation and control of all budgeted line expenses to optimize bonus potential and department performance.
- Develop incentive programs to enhance individual and department performance
- Conduct monthly linen and uniform inventory. Reorder as appropriate.
- Inventory and order laundry supplies, kitchen items, small appliances, paper products and other suite supplies as needed
- Develop a department attitude designed to promote customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain vendor file program
- Maintain guest request/complaint log
- Coordinate checkout and room status with front desk, work orders with Maintenance and meeting room needs with Sales
- Participate in MOD program
- Carry out any reasonable request by management.
Claremont Company offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match
- Holiday Pay
Claremont Companies is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V
- Must be able to effectively handle employee relations issues and resolve guest complaints.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle difficult guest or employee situations in a tactful manner.
- One to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of common Windows-based computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to operate basic office machines, i.e., copier, fax, printer, etc.
- Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, vendors and guests.
- Experience with hospitality industry software a plus.