Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
The World of Whirlpool is an experience like no other because we create unique experiences through workshops, hands-on kitchen & laundry demonstrations with experts in the appliance industry. Walk into the World of Whirlpool and begin a journey of discovery. We are both an appliance showcase highlighting a select group of Whirlpool Corporation brands, and a hands-on experience center offering exciting workshops and a chance to interact with experts.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Production Designer (aka Planning Manager) plans and ensures execution of group events to include but not limited to dates/timing of arrival & departure, room set-ups, audio visual/production needs, food service, travel, lodging, transportation, vendor management & coordination, and any other special events. This position provides excellent customer service to both internal & external customers through the following: assisting with event operations, greeting guests, assisting and managing coat/luggage check, data entry for event management. They are adept at solving problems and has experience dealing with difficult situations. They must be thoroughly familiar with Benchmark’s and Whirlpool’s management philosophy as it applies to corporate business meetings and events.
- College degree, preferred
- Minimum of two years of meeting and event operations/planning experience
- Familiarity with Google Suite including the Calendar, Drive, and Gmail Must be able to read, write, and effectively communicate in the English language, in addition to having great communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation and the flexibility to work varied hours
- Plans and ensures execution of group events to include but not limited to dates/timing of arrival & departure, room set-ups, audio visual/production needs, food service, travel, lodging, transportation, vendor management & coordination, and any other special events.
- Knowledgeable of the conference center’s meeting facilities and support services available in order to best promote the effective utilization of the property.
- Performs administrative tasks to include distribution of event orders, reports etc.
- Build & maintain good relationships with clients.
- Work closely with all involved operating departments to ensure smooth delivery of all services.
- Inspect meeting rooms frequently to assure proper set-ups.
- Coordinates vendors, obtains quotes, clients contracts etc.
- Provide information to guests relative to meeting & meeting services.
- Arrange recreation or special activities for clients.
- Communicate frequently with Whirlpool team members and take a proactive approach toward ensuring expectations are met or exceeded.
- Review all BEOs and Event Sheets prior to distribution to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Attend all meetings with employee groups to ensure event details are communicated effectively.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing all details of events to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze data using historical information, along with current forecasts to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors in a positive manner.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations, and excellent working relationships with all operational departments.
- Ensures group billing is accurate and completed within a timely manner.
- Stay current with industry trends.
- Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions to upper management (including Human Resources).
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other reasonable task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years+ experience as a Sales Manager in a high end Catering environment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form with the public as well as other team members.
- ServSafe Certification a plus
- Essential statistical and analytical skills required to identify revenue opportunities and shortfalls.
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally to achieve goals.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment.
- Someone with the availability to work when the events are happening, i.e. weekends, nights and holidays
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.