Operate the Leather or Fabric Cutting Machine efficiently and accurately to cut fabric patterns for sewing.
· Load rolls of fabric for cutting onto the Leather or Fabric cutting machine.
· Accurately inspect Leather or Fabric prior to running program to cut.
· Accurately cut Leather or Fabric according to pattern loaded onto the cutting program.
· Other duties as assigned by Manager
· Must be able to read a ruler.
· Must have good vision to accurately inspect patterns.
· Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to accurately operate the Gerber Z cutting machine and programs.
· Must be Quality minded.
· Must be able to perform and meet established goals in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Strict attention to detail is a must.
· Must be a Team Player with a positive attitude.
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
· Must have your own reliable transportation.
· Must be able to stand / walk for a minimum of 8 hours a day.
· Must be able to work Weekends and Overtime.
· Must be reliable.
· Must have strong English language skills, including:
· Must have experience reading and understanding patterns and yardsticks.
· Must have experience operating a fabric cutting machine.
· Must adhere to all Safety rules and requirements and take adequate control measures to prevent injuries to yourself and others.
· Must be able to wear the following required PPE:
o Safety Glasses
Working conditions are the normal conditions found in a furniture plant, ventilated indoor area.
· Concrete floor
· Heated and Cooled working Environment
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
One location in Conover, NC.
· Typical schedule is Monday – Thursday from 4:30pm - 9pm.
· Short Term Disability
· Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
· Life Insurance
· YMCA Discount
· Company Discounts
· Referral Bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not make employment decisions, in regard to race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status.TB Arhaus