Shaw Construction is a General Contractor looking for a qualifiedEstimator for commercial construction projects $20M+. Full-time position based in Grand Junction, CO. Provide estimating services during preconstruction. Supports the preconstruction managers, senior estimators, or project managers as assigned on all types of building contracts.
Job Description: Gather, calculate, and compile data and information from quantity surveys, plans and specifications to use in preparing an overall estimate or portion of an estimate under general supervision.
* Review project specifications, drawings, attend pre-con meetings, to understand scope of work and required contents of estimate.
* Responsible for advanced quantity surveys and quantification of select subcontractor trades
* Prepare scopes of work with suppliers and subcontractors for review by pre-construction or project managers.
* Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity reports, etc., into unit and man-hour figures.
* Analyze and post subcontractor quotes.
* Maintain Budget Status log.
* Analyze value engineering.
* Collect and prepare historical cost analysis.
* Foster positive internal relationships with project teams safety, operations, and accounting.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with owner, architect, subcontractors, and suppliers.
* Attend meetings as directed with architect and/or owner to gather and disseminate information regarding projects.
A Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or similar major is required. Minimum of two years of vertical building and/or estimating experience. Previous field experience essential to the position. Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Excellent oral and written skills required. Excellent computer skills, knowledge of On-Screen Take-off and iSqFt, and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs. Knowledge of Timberline Estimating
and Primavera scheduling programs.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Options
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid) and Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance (employee paid)
- Long-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Short-term Disability, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance (employee paid)
Please apply online at www.ShawConstruction.net/careers