Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®), an award-winning and industry leading environmental, health and safety (EH&S) consulting and engineering firm, is seeking an Environmental Compliance Consultant/ Project Manager to join our team. This opportunity is open to part-time and full-time candidates who possess a strong compliance background. This position will provide consulting services to a wide variety of clients, including those in the healthcare, biotechnology, research and development industries, as well as Federal agencies and academia.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering, chemistry, biology or a related field.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and environmental compliance experience is required. Strong candidates will also have some knowledge of safety regulations and programs.
- 5-7 years of directly related EH&S compliance experience, to include air emissions permitting and tracking, stormwater management, SPCC Planning, and developing and delivering environmental compliance training courses.
- Ideal candidate will have prior EH&S consulting experience and experience managing projects.
- Expertise or experience in the healthcare, biotechnology, Federal agencies and/or academia is a plus.
- Experience conducting EH&S audits is a plus.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills; must be proficient in MS Excel® (able to create, use and manipulate spreadsheets).
- Professional certifications, such as Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Planner (TURP), or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor are a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. Other clearance requirements for access to Federal facilities may be necessary and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 50 lbs.
- Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will provide technical and client management support, including but not limited to:
- Air emissions permitting, tracking and reporting;
- Regulatory agency submittals, including environmental permits and environmental reporting such as Tier II, Form R/Form S, Source Registration, etc.;
- Training program development and delivery;
- Hazardous materials and waste management;
- Environmental compliance auditing;
- On-site EH&S services at client sites;
- EHS program development and implementation for various clients
This position is based in Stoneham, Massachusetts, but will include travel and other specific project work opportunities on a short-term basis throughout the U.S. The position will require regular visits to client sites throughout New England. Long distance telework will not be permitted.
About the Firm
Mabbett, established in 1980, provides integrated multi-disciplinary EH&S, and architectural-engineering design services. For 40 years, Mabbett has delivered value-added professional services to Federal, state, and local agencies and industry, and commercial enterprise. Mabbett is a US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE), verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters located in Stoneham, Massachusetts and regional offices located in Rhode Island, New York, and Virginia.
The firm is an Equal Opportunity, Disability and Veteran Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. For more information, visit: www.mabbett.com.
Mabbett offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, including: Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance; Delta Dental insurance; Blue Cross 20/20 Vision plan; 401(k) plan with a company match; profit sharing retirement plan; performance and year-end bonus programs; group life, short and long-term disability, and travel-accident insurance, professional development programs and much more.
Any applicant who is unable to use, or requires assistance with, the online application process may request an accommodation by contacting Human Resources at: (781) 275-6050 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please unless requesting application assistance.