Chronic Tacos is a California inspired Mexican Grill that celebrates the “Taco Life”. We believe in embracing the authenticity and the individuality of our customers. We are known for our playful and edgy restaurant design, décor and atmosphere. We pride ourselves in our fresh, bold and authentic menu derived from 3rd generation recipes. Our customers love our flavors and styles with the customization options that caters to the individual tastes of our customers. These elements combined, provide a distinct and engaging guest experience which leads to unmatched brand loyalty.
We also offer many other great benefits such as:
- Competitive Pay - A great starting base rate of pay, tips from our very satisfied customers, and available overtime.
- Amazing Culture - Work with like-minded individuals in a fun, family oriented space that focuses on empowerment and growth.
- Flexible Schedules - Prefer nights? Need AM shifts? Going to school? Not a problem. We’re happy to accommodate.
- Paid Training - We will make sure you are well equipped to serve our great food to our amazing customers.
- Growth opportunities - Join one of the fastest growing brands in North America. We believe in developing from within and providing our team with endless growth opportunities.
- Discounted Meals - Our authentic flavors at a huge discount. Try not to buy the entire menu on your first day.
- Free Uniforms- Cool Brand swag is provided.
- Indulge in the Taco Life - It’s what we are all about!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and follow food safety protocols at all times.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment at all times.
- Understand and follow kitchen safety procedures when handling knives, hot pans etc.
- Follow proper measurements for ingredients and seasonings to used in cooking.
- Assist cook with daily prep work from washing vegetables to cutting/dicing/chopping produce and marinating meats.
- Follow prep list created by cooks to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Assist with fulfilling and executing catering orders and partisan in special events.
- Understand methods for controlling costs through waste management and follow process for logging waste.
- Complete daily temperature checks to properly log and track items for thawing and cooling.
- Various other daily restaurant activities such as completely daily cleaning tasks, checklists and secondary duties.
- Take pride in serving fresh, high quality food to our customers.
- Provide an amazing customer experience from beginning to end.
- Always Smile, remember safety first, be respectful and have fun!
- Food Handlers Health Card is required.
- Previous experience in a fast casual restaurant preferred.
- Previous experience as a cook preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to Remain calm under pressure and multitask.
- Manual dexterity to operate cooking tools such as knives.
- Experience as a prep cook may be advantageous.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Culinary school training would be advantageous.
- Ability to follow and understand the brands recipe book.
- Understand cooking metrics to properly measure ingredients and seasonings for cooking.
- Motivated to achieving goals, open to learn and being coached to improve results.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Work as a team player.
Randy and Dan grew up in Orange County, California, where you could find a Mexican taqueria on every corner. The food was great, but they knew there was an opportunity to create a taco shop with not only authentic Mexican food, but with a unique vibe inspired by their Southern California roots - the Taco Life was born, and the first Chronic Tacos swung open its doors in 2002. Inspired by badass, 3rd generation recipes, a laid back experience with an irresistible edge, and personal, friendly service -the Taco Life movement continues to spread across the nation.