Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. Thatâ€™s the opportunity thatâ€™s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nationâ€™s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. Itâ€™s an amazing challenge. And itâ€™s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
We are seeking an experienced Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) with proficiency in system design and execution of Department of Defense (DoD) programs. Candidates must be effective communicators and dedicated team members who have an understanding of concept development, architecture, and development based on MBSE and utilizing with the industry standard System Modeling Language (SysML) and tools (MagicDraw preferred).
Working successfully within a team, the Entry Level Model Based Systems Engineer will participate in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of networks and information systems.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Familiarity with technical standards
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Strong initiative and professionalism on projects with increasing complexity
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Representative Duties and Tasks:
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods to perform requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Develop system CONOPS, architecture, and interface definitions of complex systems in an MBSE environment
- Support effective transition of existing systems engineering and technical data packages (TDPs) from traditional document-based processes to reusable model-based artifacts
- Support management of models and derived work products consistent with project configuration and data management processes and standards.
- Conduct walkthroughs and formal reviews of system requirements and architecture models developed using SysML and MBSE processes
- Perform detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
- Collaborate with systems engineering leads as well as domain and discipline subject matter experts (SMEs) to tailor MBSE to project scope and cost and schedule constraints.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of SysML-based MBSE methods, tools, and frameworks.
- Experience using Cameo, MagicDraw, Rhapsody (MagicDraw preferred) to develop models of system requirements, architecture/design and interfaces.
- Able to synthesize knowledge from multiple domains to apply to new, complicated problems
- Strong ability to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective actions
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of development of SysML models within cost and schedule constraints of complex lifecycles for software and hardware based products
- Understanding of requirements management and traceability to SysML models
- Understanding of architecture frameworks like DoDAF/UPDM/UAF
- Understanding of MBSE frameworks (OOSEM, Harmony, FAS, MagicGrid)
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Familiar with the DOORS requirements management tool
- Familiar with Agile development processes
- Familiar with DoD and/or commercial Digital Engineering industry practices, methodologies and tools
- Familiar with model standards activities (OMG, INCOSE)
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran