Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required.
Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense TS/ SCI Ssecurity clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As an Electrical Engineer, you’ll participate in electrical requirements analysis, functional analysis and performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.) for the design, integration and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems. You’ll make an impact throughout the electrical development life cycle by supporting our technical engineering products with your sound knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and principles.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience required
- Clear understanding of electrical engineering processes
- Knowledge and utilization of electrical engineering design tools such as CAD
What sets you apart:
- Ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Clear communication skills to interact effectively with work groups, project leaders and program managers
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran