Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field.
(Obtainable)- Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Entry-level Digital Signal Processing Engineer (Level 60)
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is important. The challenges are career-defining. The opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS.
The Entry-level Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineer will be part of an innovative team that loves to translate the RF world into bits and the bits back into RF. This individual is expected to work effectively in multi-disciplined engineering teams where teamwork and innovation is key.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
- A wide variety of technologies - each assignment is custom, different, and challenging
- The opportunity to build specialized systems that solve unique problems faced by our customers
- Colleagues who push themselves and their peers to excel
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Apply principles and techniques of Digital Signal Processing by implementing them in software
- Design, model, integrate, and test complex integrated HW/SW systems throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Troubleshoot complex systems across domain boundaries (antennas and RF paths, software functionality and databases, etc.)
- Develop testing criteria and execute validation of designs
- Define your career goals as you gain experience and be mentored by senior engineers
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent specialized area or field with emphasis in Digital Signal Processing, Communication Theory, Wireless Communications, Software Defined Radio (SDR) or equivalent
- The ability to quickly understand complex signal processing algorithms
- Basic understanding of signal processing algorithm modeling in one or more of MATLAB, C, C++, Python
- Understanding of modern C++ programming language
What sets you apart:
- Advanced degree in relevant field of study
- Experience/coursework implementing signal processing algorithms on General Purpose Processors (GPPs) and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs)
- Experience/coursework processing and generating RADAR signals and developing RADAR algorithms
- Demonstrated problem-solving, verbal and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team as well as a diverse customer base
- Strong ability to manage tasks and projects independently with urgency
One last thing:
- Clearance Requirements: (Obtainable)- Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran