Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Additionally, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for a controlled billet in accordance with DoD Instruction 5210.42 Nuclear Weapons Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. Thatâ€™s the opportunity thatâ€™s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nationâ€™s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. Itâ€™s an amazing challenge. And itâ€™s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As an Electrical Engineer, youâ€™ll participate in electrical requirements analysis, functional analysis and performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.) for the design, integration and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems. Youâ€™ll make an impact throughout the electrical development life cycle by supporting our technical engineering products with your sound knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and principles.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
- Being an individual contributor within the electrical engineering design team that develops/selects Hardware Components and performs Subsystem Level electrical design
- Interfacing with vendors for product development
- Interfacing with other GDMS engineering disciplines
- Attending formal design reviews, both internal and with our various customers, as both a Presenter and Reviewer
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in electrical engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience required
- Clear understanding of electrical engineering processes
- Knowledge and utilization of electrical engineering design tools such as CAD
What sets you apart:
- Ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Clear communication skills to interact effectively with work groups, project leaders and program managers
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to work in teams
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran