Looking to be part of something more meaningful? At HonorHealth, you’ll be part of a team, creating a multi-dimensional care experience for our patients. You’ll have opportunities to make a difference. From our Ambassador Movement to our robust training and development programs, you can select where and how you want to make an impact.
HonorHealth offers a diverse benefits portfolio for our full-time and part-time team members designed to help you and your family live your best lives. Visit honorhealth.com/benefits to learn more.
What’s in it for you?
- New Hire Bonus starting at $1,500* for full time and $750 for part time on your second paycheck!
- Starting pay $15-$16 hourly depending on experience
- Evenings, night and weekend shift differentials
- Flexible scheduling and multiple Phoenix and Scottsdale location
- Competitive Health, Dental, Vision and Pet insurance coverage
- Free Bus Passes for select positions
- Tuition Assistance up to $5,250 per year for full-time and part-time employees
- Two on-site child care centers
- Collaborative and fun teams and much more!
Join us. Let’s go beyond expectations and transform healthcare together.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation, and community services with approximately 13,100 team members, 3,500 affiliated providers and nearly 700 volunteers. HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
As a community healthcare system, we have a unique responsibility to keep our facilities as safe as possible to protect our patients and team members. With this in mind, we require all new hires to have received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before their start date and be scheduled for their second dose. New hires who choose to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine only need one dose to fulfill this requirement. Reasonable accommodations will be considered. Please note – this organization is a tobacco free campus. In order to be an eligible candidate you will need to test negative on a tobacco (cotinine) test during prescreening. If you test positive you will be unable to reapply for 30 days. If you test positive a second time you will ineligible to reapply for 1 year.
The ENTREE COOK is responsible for cooking all cafeteria and catering food and all therapeutic prescribed and regular diets, including preparation of pureed, salt free, mechanical soft, renal, and ADA restricted diets. Included will be hot food items, food preparation, pulling daily stock, preparing soups, sauces, gravies, etc., operating all kitchen equipment, serving on patient tray line, cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils. May assist and direct other Food Service Workers.
- Prepare entrees, vegetables, starches, sauces and soups. Prepares, seasons and cooks food. Measures and mixes ingredients according to standardized recipes and specifications.
- Sets up and services meals in accordance with established schedule and procedures.
- Cooks items using various types of kitchen equipment such as ovens, choppers, mixers, blenders, grills, braisers, turbo chef, range, steamer, food processor, fryer, slicer, infrared broiler and knives.
- Stores and maintains food items at safe temperatures according to department guidelines and health department regulation.
- Conduct food temperature check of all food menu items served to the customer before and during the prescribed times of the production and service period. Document on the appropriate temperature log form.
- Conduct temperature check of all food storage refrigeration units in your work area (if applicable), before and during the prescribed times of the production and service period. Document on the appropriate temperature cooler/freezer log form.
- Plans and implements cooking process so that foods will be ready at required times.
- Ensures that all foods prepared meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
- Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and safe operation.
- Reviews forecast tally for production count. Adjusts production for current census/customer information and supervisor instruction.
- Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process.
- Plans total production schedule for day incorporating cafeteria, special menu needs and patient tally. Reviews plan with supervisor
- Verifies food and supply items issued from storeroom. Requisitions additional items if required.
Less than High School Required
1 year related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Food Handlers Card Upon Hire Required