Technical Project Manager
If you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences.
Cognizant Digital Engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Location: Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or Remote United States Currently remote and open to remote candidates; however, prefer candidates to be based in these metro areas or willing to relocate.
• Lead one or more project teams using agile or hybrid methodologies for software and digital engineering projects & programs (waterfall – nice to have)
• Experience leading software engineering projects
• Experience delivering projects built for cloud solutions
• Experience delivering micro-service architectures
• Own project budget including tracking and management of time and resources, resource loading, forecasting, estimations, etc.
• Creating and maintaining project plans and tracking those changes to budgets
• Milestone and Activity level tracking and planning
• Dependency management of project dependencies within and across projects
• Scope management
• Create and maintain RISK ledgers
• Stakeholder management
• Project status reporting weekly and monthly (time, scope, budget, risks/mitigations)
• Document, track, and lead development teams through risks and mitigations • Ensure delivery standards are optimized throughout the life of a software project
• Develop practical solutions to achieve program efficiency, quality and schedule objectives. Management through metrics & KPIs
• Identify and support hiring new talent and team members from various backgrounds (technical & non-technical - Architects, Product Management, Full Stack Engineers)
• Build, develop, mentor and guide individual’s professional development regardless of diversity, geography and experience
• Contribute to mature and support the overall digital engineering community together with leadership and other Technical Project and Engineering Managers.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Overall 10+ years of software technology experience and 2+ years in Software Delivery Management, Product Management or Solution Architecture.
• Excellent Project Management and organizational skills in technical environments
• Excellent communication and time management skills required
• Experience collaborating with clients and leaders
• Experience establishing detailed cost estimates, project schedules and resourcing plans
• Knowledge of software development/Product lifecycle, methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Waterfall, PMP) • Experience with planning, resourcing, and delivering technical projects
• Experience with project financial management to ensure efficient delivery management and tracking Preferred experience
• Scrum Master certification Open to Travel: yes, some client travel may be required post pandemic You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 06 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.