Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Engineering Site Lead on a highly important and exciting program.
This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
As the Engineering Site Lead, you’ll lead a team that supports critical operations, engage with customer leadership, analyze operational processes, and perform training needs assessments – all to identify opportunities for service improvements and facilitate effective solutions to meet mission needs. It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to lead technical activities that impact the design, testing, and implementation of systems, software, and applications, including our FMV exploitation capabilities: the Multi-INT Analysis and Archiving System (MAAS).
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The Engineering Site Lead is an experienced systems engineer and technical leader with exceptional multi-tasking skills to tackle challenges across systems, processes, and agile teams that support mission operations.
As part of our site team you will:
- lead efforts in requirement gathering by interacting with customers
- lead multi-faceted engineers in supporting critical 24/7 system operations
- lead prioritizing of development, testing, troubleshooting, and delivery activities for end-to-end system performance validation efforts with a focus on communicating effectively with customers, team members, and end users in a 24/7 operational environment
SHIFT: This is not a shift role. Core hours are 8 AM – 4 PM EST with flexibility on either end. Ad hoc support is required as needed for requests that fall outside this core window.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently under pressure and effectively identify, recommend, and problem solve system issues to ensure systems, software, and applications are properly configured to meet customer needs in the 24/7 operational environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- an exceptional team player/collaborator who works effectively with multi-faceted collocated and non-collocated teams
- an exceptional problem solver who drives resolutions for system interdependencies/issues
- an exceptional communicator who provides clear status updates across various stakeholders
- someone who drives innovation to modernize technology and improve operations
If you have:
- a passion for problem solving and seeking innovative solutions for current and future needs
- a desire to lead collaborative teams to support technical activities that impact the design and performance across systems, software, and applications
- an inquisitive mind that can quickly adapt and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including, users, developers, testers, security teams, and management
Then this role is for you!
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Experience and Skills Required:
- Planning, delegating, driving technical efforts to completion
- JIRA, Agile experience, backlog grooming and prioritization
- Flexibility and versatility to work on a variety of different tasks and technologies
- Understanding and communicating technical strategies to inform development efforts
- Proactive identification and prioritization of system improvements and innovations that move technical solutions forward
- Deploying and implementing solutions from factory to ops with minimal impact to users/systems
- System testing, troubleshooting, demos to inform the development cycle
- Supporting daily/weekly group and leadership meetings
- Experience with resolving ad hoc and/or urgent tasks involving multiple stakeholders
- Use case and SOP development
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitating agreements between customers
Key Foundational Skills:
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills (across teams and customers)
- Excellent team collaboration/team player
- Well-informed of current and future technologies
- Self-starter, problem-solver, well-versed in troubleshooting
- Knowledge of software engineering/computer science fundamentals
- Strong understanding and application of engineering principles, practices, and standards
- Ability to multitask and sustain multiple operational systems simultaneously based on current operational needs
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Containerization, Apache Nifi, microservices architecture deployment strategies
- Strong background supporting intelligence and FMV operations
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CD/CD) Pipeline experience
- Knowledge of the imagery exploitation lifecycle, and various imagery systems
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Linux administration
- Familiarity with Kibana
- Experience as a technical liaison between various stakeholders
- Experience aligning business needs, technical needs, and mission needs
What Sets You Apart:
- Examples of thinking outside the box to advance business performance
- Tell us about your passion for innovation and delivering solutions to meet changing needs
- Tell us how you follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure services are consistent with/superior to industry best practices
- Examples of creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Examples of commitment to ongoing professional development
- Examples of being a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
#CJ1Minimum Salary:USD $158,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $190,000.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran