Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering, or a related Science or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, itâ€™s often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, itâ€™s waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
GDMS currently operates, maintains, upgrades, and sustains the U.S. Radionuclide systems, engineering testbed, depot, and station infrastructure in support of U.S. Government's mission as part of International Monitoring System (IMS). Our operations are consistent with the requirements provided under 'provisional operations' of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBTO). GDMS provides necessary engineering and logistics support, including upgrades to hardware, software and infrastructure, component troubleshooting and repair, procurement and storage of spare parts, and maintenance of infrastructure.
As an engineering manager, youâ€™ll oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as a liaison between project management and planning, the project team, and line management. This involves reviewing project status and budgets as well as managing schedules, preparing status reports, assessing project issues, and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s of Science or Technology degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations
- Manage daily operations and maintenance of fielded CONUS and OCONUS monitoring systems supported by an in-house team of 20
- Experience with evaluating predictive or condition-based maintenance for fielded systems to improve reliability/sustainment
- Experience with life cycle management of fielded systems from initial deployment, O&M support, sparing policies and recapitalization
- Coordinate operations and maintenance activities with other leads in an Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Experience scheduling, budgeting, and making successful trade-offs to deliver high-quality products and services on time
- Ability to provide technical input to project or engineering management in linking task-related strategy to achieve business goals
- Ability to uncover technical and organizational risks and ensure they are included in risk mitigation plans
People Management Experience:
- Motivate and lead engineering team to their highest potential levels through coaching and timely, constructive continuous feedback.
- Track record of working with leadership to appropriately staff and develop great engineers
- Support staff career development goals and help identify and plan growth opportunities
- Champion best engineering practices to develop, maintain and scale critical systems
- Work cross-functionally to plan, scope, design, and deliver services and products to customers
- Strong technical leadership to provide direction for the team
- Actively seek ways to improve our development practices and technology
- Champion a culture of high performance and ownership, continuous improvement, openness and inclusivity
- Identify and remove roadblocks for your team and improve team efficiency
What sets you apart:
- Exceptional communication skills to communicate regularly with project customer, supplier(s), project team, and internal management
- Skilled at effectively handling and executing highly complex tasks
- Capable of motivating a project team
- Drive a bottoms-up culture to allow for individual and team entrepreneurial leadership
- Experience with preventive maintenance of operational fielded systems.
- Experience with nuclear spectroscopy a plus
- Experience using JIRA for management of tasks
- Experience with the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty or similar non-proliferation efforts a plus
- Task management, scheduling, reporting and tracking O&M technical requirement
- Ability to manage daily operational challenges to keep systems meeting >95% operational metrics
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran