Bachelor's or Master's degree in Systems, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required and at least zero to three years of related work experience. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an opening to join the Engineering Leadership Program (ELP) in Pittsfield, Massachusetts (Class of 2022). The position provides an opportunity to develop the leading technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. You will work with collaborative teams to create and manage various General Dynamics Mission Systems and client technologies. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Engineering Leadership Program Engineer (ELP) will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Engineering Leadership Program (ELP) strives to develop technical and business leaders in an accelerated learning environment. You will be given technical leadership development opportunities and skills training, rotational work assignments, team interface and interaction and exposure to Senior and Executive Management. Participants complete rotational assignments in a variety of engineering organizations over a 3 year period. This opportunity is created to provide challenging and enriching work assignments, an opportunity to gain familiarity with General Dynamics Mission Systems practices across the business, and a chance to explore individual interests.
This program is open to candidates with either a Bachelor's or Master's in a technical engineering field and/or science with strong evidence of academic achievement and leadership potential. You are afforded the opportunity to pursue an advanced technical degree with prepaid tuition.
- Engineering Leadership Program Engineers (ELP) analyze, design, develop and test General Dynamics Mission Systemsâ€™ systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort.
- Additional responsibilities include formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis; selecting systems architecture; and preparing specifications for General Dynamics Mission Systems operating systems to ensure designs meet applicable security specifications.
- These individuals will document security on both new and fielded information systems or provide accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features are considered and functioning properly.
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
Candidates must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of various engineering systems and the ability to further advance General Dynamics Mission Systems technology.
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Technical Skills
- High Motivation
- GPA 3.0 or above
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran