Well known Aerospace Parts Manufacturer is in search of an Engineering Project Lead
The Engineering Project Lead is responsible for the coordination of internal and external cross functional resources to accomplish the completion of a project, as defined by a specific series of tasks. The project scope will be typically associated with the development and release of aerospace fastener new product offerings, enhancements, or cost savings opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the comprehensive organizational review of customer drawings, specifications, and industry standards. Correlate customer design / project inputs into new product outputs (drawings / product structures, project schedules).
- Coordinate extensive interaction with suppliers, external customers, and Sales to support the identification and development strategy options for new product releases and/or cost savings opportunities.
- Conduct regular reviews with R&D to support conceptual investigations, development testing, design validation activities, with the overall objective of facilitating the project transition from the Development Phase to the Industrialization Phase.
- Oversee activities with Operational and Accounting managerial resources to conduct Return of Investment (ROI) Analysis to support the project financial analysis review and capital expenditure decision-making.
- Lead the overall activities with Quality, Engineering, and Operations to accurately coordinate the timely completion of new product qualifications, project history file development, and Process Control Document submission to the customer.
- Provide frequent interaction with Sales and Marketing to support the development of brochures and promotional items associated with a new or existing product.
- Develop and update project charter, project plans and work breakdown structures as a tool for resource management and execution of detailed project schedules.
- Conduct comprehensive review of patents, and coordinate product design reviews with legal resources to support intellectual property investigations.
- Possess and maintain a solid understanding of existing and emerging new manufacturing technologies to support their successful deployment in conjunction with product development activities.
- Perform executive presentations to customers and shareholders for project status updates and lead regularly scheduled project team meetings.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the company project management system, to support new product releases using the phase gate methodology and commonly understood deliverables.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, company, and HSE procedures.
- Reports to Director of Engineering
No daily Supervisory responsibilities defined. May oversee work activities or assume supervisory responsibilities for specific projects as needed.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENC AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 5+ years engineering experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the aerospace industry.
- Working experience of manufacturing environment procedures, methods, materials, design and documentation
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering applications, technical reading and writing
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD
- Testing and Simulation software
- Database, Inventory and Project Management software
- Manufacturing (Lawson Movex preferred)
- Microsoft Office