Engagement Lead – Consumer Lending
(Mortgage Origination Specialist)
New York, New Jersey, Atlanta
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com.
Within Cognizant is Cognizant Consulting, a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. With over 6,000 consultants worldwide, Cognizant offers high-value consulting services that improve business performance and operational productivity, lower operational expenses and enhance overall performance. Clients draw upon our deep industry expertise, program and change management capabilities, and analytical objectivity to help improve business productivity, drive technology-enabled business transformation and increase shareholder value. We provide a number of Business/IT Consulting Services including: Business Strategy, IT Strategy & Roadmap Development, Process Re-Engineering & Transformation, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Selection, and Domain Solutions. The Cognizant Consulting team is a high performing organization that is continually expanding our client base and increasingly being recommended by analysts such as Forrester and Gartner. And we’re growing!
As a Manager Consulting in one of the industry verticals, you are responsible for developing strong client relationships and manage large engagements (single/multiple). You are responsible for developing and selling innovative value propositions within the product/practice space and drive real, measurable value for clients and for developing major accounts in consultation with Consulting Partners and Sales Teams. You should be able to manage a sub practice within the domain practice.
- Engagement Lead / Product Owner for Technology projects and Advisory projects
- Lead Advisory projects with POV
- Potentially if needed, conduct business analysis, prepare stories / requirements, review and finalize requirements
- Coordinate with larger team and help understand requirements and provide clarifications
- Create market analysis and point of views in consumer lending domain
- Help with sales, prepare compelling proposals and help practice leader with sales efforts
- Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience: 15+ years of experience in Banking with a focus in Consumer Lending
- Previous Mortgage experience
- Critical and conceptual thinker
- Thorough understanding of the business needs and wants
- Proficient in conflict resolution techniques
- Able to collaborate with others Ability to juggle many requests while maintaining clear priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Shows initiative by anticipating risks, issues, and opportunities, and escalating them accordingly
- Excellent skills in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation
- Must be comfortable and articulate in challenging change management scenarios, knowing when to insert self and when to fade back
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- Master’s degree in business-related field
- 10 years of mortgage experience
- Agile Certification
- Sound working knowledge of Mortgage Lending and holistic banking, products, services, operations, finance and systems
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship (H-1B, L-1B, L-1A, etc.)
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 08 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.