Occidental is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Eng Facilities Sr in our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management (ORCM), ORCM Ops Prod Rck AM Fac Eng GF Business Unit based in Denver, CO. This position reports to Julia Eichenberger.
The Field Development Facilities Engineer (FDP FE) role is responsible for creating long-term field development plans for a specified asset within the ORCM portfolio. These positions will work with the Development Reservoir Engineers to understand the resource potential in the ground and interpret the infrastructure requirements on surface to bring those hydrocarbons to market to maximize value over the life of the field. These roles also interface with the BU, Facilities Engineering, Operations, Midstream, Utility, and Regulatory teams to understand current capacities, constraints and requirements to optimize future infrastructure designs. The FDP FE will work on a multi-disciplinary team with Reservoir and Production Engineers to generate Pre-FEED and FEED coordination to generate cost estimates, permits, and engineering designs necessary to execute the field development plan.
- Initiate coordination and preliminary scoping of (Facilities) projects with interdisciplinary team (including but not limited to automation and electrical, regulatory, operations, subsurface engineering, etc)
- Initiation of long lead material requisitions and permit requests, such as Application for Permit to Drill (APD) Facilities Package, various air permits, ROWs, and others
- Development of an infrastructure plan to include fluid sourcing and sales contracts, system capacity information, project cost and timing, and optionality for plan changes
- Generate Block Flow and Facility Layout diagrams for overall infrastructure
- Understand project management and execution process to facilitate and lead continuous project handover process to the construction teams
- Work closely with Facilities Engineering and Operations teams to understand existing capacities and bottlenecks for baseline assessments and future upgrades
- Understand the life cycle of field infrastructure and maximize value
- Sound understanding of the differences between well economics, project economics vs field economics
- Effective collaboration skills with a demonstrated practice to reach out and engage other teams to achieve objectives, leverage networks and knowledge, etc.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering with a strong working knowledge of field development
- A minimum of 8 years of industry experience in facilities engineering and planning strongly preferred.
- Creative (strive for significant and continuous improvement, familiar with new or emerging technology)
- Results Oriented (driven for value added results in self and in others)
- Proactive (self-starter, strong decision skills relying on experience balanced with data and interpretations)
- Accountable (committed to short term and long term expectations)
- Risk Taking (take appropriate risks in order to advance while also learning from those failures)
- Working knowledge of operations (an understanding of oil and gas surface facilities and workover equipment, maintenance practices, data workflows and regulatory requirements).
- Strong Project Management skills (an ability to assess existing and required resources to prioritize and bring to completion multiple concurrent projects).
- Knowledgeable of a variety of types of Land/Lease requirements and details
- Scenario Planning experience
- Effective communication and listening skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to integrate business and technical judgement
|*Grade||Salary Range||Discretionary Bonus|
|23||$120,000 - $206,000||0-40%|
*Salary grade is determined based on a candidates education, industry experience, work history, skill set, and any unique qualifications.
Refer to a general description of all benefits to be offered to the hired applicant:
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.