PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 76,700 - $ 145,700
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Plan, promote, coordinate and execute activities associated with PSEG Long Island’s emergency restoration plans, procedures and initiatives. Administer and coordinate the execution of Emergency Planning related responsibilities and initiatives, ensuring company readiness and response for minor and major storms and other system emergencies at all times. Assign, administer and maintain emergency response roles for all PSEG Long Island personnel, while formulating, developing and delivering restoration related training, drills and exercises. Conduct post-event “After Action Reviews”, and coordinate the development and implementation of improvement plans with associated assignment and tracking of action items. Regularly interface with external emergency response organizations, electric utilities and regulatory agencies on emergency restoration related matters. Plan, coordinate and implement activities associated with the activation and operation of Restoration Command Center (RCC) and assist in delivery of Planning Section restoration responsibilities during storms and system emergencies and actively support overall activation and restoration efforts.
This is a multi-level growth series position. Internal candidates will move laterally at their current grade level and will not be eligible for a promotion, therefore, the internal candidate must apply for the posting at their current grade level. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during an annual review.
- Plan, formulate, coordinate and conduct the update, maintenance and annual regulatory filing of PSEG Long Island’s Emergency Restoration Plan (ERP) Emergency Restoration Implementation Procedures (ERIPs), Restoration Checklists, Role and Responsibility sheets and supporting documents. Assist with the development, maintenance and exercising of Business Continuity Plans across Electric T&D Operations.
- Lead efforts related to the development, maintenance and exercising of Business Continuity Plans across Electric T&D Operations.
- Prepare, conduct and execute the company-wide restoration training program, including emergency drills, functional exercises, instructional classes, webinars and workshops to maintain the readiness of the Company’s emergency response at all times. Develop and implement annual restoration drills and exercises across all key functional areas (i.e., operations, logistics and customer operations).
- Present and deliver appropriate drills, exercises and training in accordance with the above.
- Work with Planning Section Chief to ensure the timely and efficient activation and operation of Restoration Command Center (RCC) during storm events and other system emergencies, which serves as a hub for information collection and dissemination and overall resource coordination. Plan, coordinate and implement activities associated with Planning Section Unit operations during restoration events (i.e., Documentation, Situation Status, Resource Coordination, Human Resources and Demobilization).
- Prepare, conduct and coordinate emergency response planning activities with local and state government officials, emergency operations center personnel (Nassau County, Suffolk County, New York City and New York State), community-based organizations, volunteer/service agencies and other emergency response organizations to ensure an understanding of Company storm related processes and procedures and the continued development and strengthening of cooperative and cohesive working relationships.
- Regularly confer and interface with New York State Department of Public Service (DPS) and the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) to plan, coordinate and deliver emergency planning initiatives, response plans and reporting requirements.
- Actively participate on industry related committees and at conferences with external partners including utility companies, emergency restoration organizations and supporting groups to share best practices, confer, discuss and develop and recommend emergency preparedness related policy.
- Research, develop, administer and execute continuous improvement plans for restoration events, emergency procedures, drills and exercises, including the development of “After Action Reviews” (AARs) and Improvement Plans (IP), including coordination of the assignment, tracking and implementation of associated action items to ensure a maintained focus on continuous improvement.
- Work independently with internal and external stake holders on specific projects to improve existing processes or develop new processes required to meet evolving Department / PSEG-LI requirements.
- Lead, coach and assist with the growth and development of more junior team members.
Job Specific Qualifications
- B.S. Degree (STEM, emergency management or related discipline), with a minimum of 7 years of experience in the electric utility industry and/or in emergency management.
- Demonstrated managerial competencies and ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast changing environment
- Experience in writing plans, procedures and presentations
- Good networking skills with demonstrated ability to interact with first responder organizations, government entities, regulatory and industry groups to effectively represent interests of PSEG Long Island
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS), National Incident Management System (NIMS), Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) and supporting emergency planning/response initiatives
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in the organization
- Advanced degree (MBA/MPA/MS in Emergency Management) preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of electric utility industry and operation of Transmission and Distribution system with experience in emergency planning and response
- Experience developing and executing emergency training, exercises and/or drills
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email email@example.com. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision