- Participate in the development and maintenance of the current and future networking products.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle for the applicable projects, including gathering requirements, design, implementation and deployment
- Hands on in bug fixing existing products.
- Work closely with hardware team to deliver high quality products
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability amp; scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product.
- 3 + years of experience in Networking related software development.
- Strong C/C++ experience in Unix/Linux environment is essential.
- Good knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, ARP, OSPF, BGP, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of internal logic of network appliances (switch and routers).
- Good knowledge of Linux system device drivers and kernel networking stack.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to manage own time effectively.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Understanding of workings of Broadcom or Marvell or other switching ASICs in an Ethernet switch is a plus.
- Good knowledge of network security is a plus
- Experience in implementing L2/L3 features such as LACP, STP, 802.1X, Private VLAN, VxLAN, etc is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; M.S. preferred
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 500,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Source : Fortinet Technologies (Canada) ULC