Embedded Software Engineer (JD 51)
This is a critical role that will be responsible for developing solutions for home energy storage products.This position reports to the VP of Engineeringand is located in San Leandro, CA.
- Software development in C on embedded Linux platforms
- Analyzing, debugging, and maintaining embedded software
- Documenting and testing embedded software
- Development of programs that interact with and control energy storage devices
- 3 years of experience as an embedded software engineer
- Programming skills in C for system development under Linux
- Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Good working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Knowledge in computer science fundamentals, such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Familiarity with industry standard software development tools, such as compilers, toolchains, git, make, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with home energy devices, such as batteries, solar panels and inverters
- Experience with scripting languages, such as python
- Experience with Linux device drivers
- Experience with home automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Our Competitive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage can begin on start date
- Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer match
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Voluntary Pet Insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Teladoc Program
- 10 paid holidays per year
Electriq Powerâ€™s organic growth began in a San Leandro, CA garage in late 2014. After purchasing a totaled Nissan Leaf and stripping the battery and computers for parts, the Electriq team went to work attempting to build their first home battery prototype. After four months of building, testing, rebuilding, and retesting, Electriqâ€™s first energy storage prototype was complete.Over the next few years, the team grew, investors emerged, and Electriqâ€™s original prototype evolved into its first consumer-ready smart home battery, the IQ System. And even though the energy storage market was still in its infancy, consumers recognized the dire need for home energy storage.
We passionately believe in distributed energy storage solutions to shape our worldâ€™s environmental and economic future that are prudent, panoramic, and serve all demographics with parity.
ELECTRIQ POWER TODAY
Fast forward to present day, we now occupy over 27,000 sq. ft. at our San Leandro, CA location and have our corporate office in downtown West Palm Beach, FL. Our home battery systems can be found in customersâ€™ homes and small businesses all over the world. Electriq Power has even donated systems to hurricane-stricken areas like Puerto Rico and Haiti to help them become more resilient during dangerous weather conditions.
Electriq Power is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagueâ€™s unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal opportunity employer, Electriq Power is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout the employee lifecycle.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, identitly, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status,or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR