Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $3k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position.
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Embedded Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This key role is in support of the Disruptive Radio Team (“DiRT”); part of RF Systems Line of Business under GDMS Ground Systems (GS) in support of various tactical radio products which includes Research and Development (R&D), proof of concept/protype like programs (“rapid fielding” phase) and full-scale production programs.
Be part of our new strategic radio business where we intend to mainstream our DiRT concepts into new products/programs (e.g., recently selected for both U.S. Army’s Mounted Mission Command – Transport Line-Of-Sight (LOS) and Transceiver-Encryptor Programs).
If being part of a growing radio business, continued formation of an elite engineering team (existing in Scottsdale AZ DiRT organization & at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland), working directly with our customers and supporting on-site hardware/software integration events and demonstrations (e.g., NetModX, Cyber Quest, Project Convergence) excites you then come join our engineering DiRT Facility/Lab and technical team.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
- Develop embedded software solutions in a continuous integration/continuous development environment (DEVOPS) in an open source tool chain environment
- Collaborate with a small team of other passionate developers
- Challenge old ways of solving problems and manage risk through rapid prototyping and learning
- Imagine new ways of providing capability quickly
- Demonstrate new capability to customers and rapidly adapt solutions to be the first to meet their future needs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have Software Defined Radios (SDRs) experience/knowledge.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with object oriented programming, system processes and scripting languages. Must have the following knowledge: C, C++, Linux & Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent in multi-tasking
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Demonstrated awareness of business objectives and Engineering's role in achieving
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple technical areas
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply project leadership principles including cost performance, schedule milestones, earned value, cost account management, key performance measures and statistical process controls
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and shape major market opportunities
Target salary range: USD $158,500.00/Yr. - USD $175,900.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran