Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $3k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position.
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it’s often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it’s waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Embedded Software Engineer, you’ll lead a team of extraordinary talent. Together you’ll perform software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center.
This key role is in support of the Disruptive Radio Team (“DiRT”); part of RF Systems Line of Business under GDMS Ground Systems (GS) in support of various tactical radio products which includes Research and Development (R&D), proof of concept/protype like programs (“rapid fielding” phase) and full-scale production programs.
Be part of our new strategic radio business where we intend to mainstream our DiRT concepts into new products/programs (e.g., recently selected for both U.S. Army’s Mounted Mission Command – Transport Line-Of-Sight (LOS) and Transceiver-Encryptor Programs).
If being part of a growing radio business, continued formation of an elite engineering team (existing in Scottsdale AZ DiRT organization & at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland), working directly with our customers and supporting on-site hardware/software integration events and demonstrations (e.g., NetModX, Cyber Quest, Project Convergence) excites you then come join our engineering DiRT Facility/Lab and technical team.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
- Very strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
What sets you apart:
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
- Ability to effectively handle complex assignments
- Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have Software Defined Radios (SDRs) experience/knowledge.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with object oriented programming, system processes and scripting languages. Must have the following knowledge: C, C++, Linux & Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent in multi-tasking
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Demonstrated awareness of business objectives and Engineering's role in achieving
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple technical areas
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply project leadership principles including cost performance, schedule milestones, earned value, cost account management, key performance measures and statistical process controls
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and shape major market opportunities
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran