Visium Resources has been asked to identify qualified candidates for this Electro-Mechanical Technician position. This position is a contract-to-hire opportunity which is expected to be on-site in the Atlanta, GA area .
The Electro-Mechanical Technician will be responsible for Assembly, disassembly, quality testing, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic - mechanical equipment in a customer service based environment. Company is searching for an eager hands-on candidate, ideally with both electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and repair capabilities. This position will have occasional interface with clients related to repairs and will also perform some documentation within computer system.
A primary attraction / primary skills / important qualifications of Electro-Mechanical Technician is that this position is a contract-to-hire opportunity, offering an excellent career position to grow with a national corporation, which is very well-established, well-respected and continually growing. When direct, the position offers full benefits. Position is scheduled to transition to direct within 4 months.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Proficiency in DC-AC, solid state theory, audio signals, video signals, and applications.
- Possess the ability to solder to the component level.
- Ability to read and operate various measuring equipment related to electronics (Oscilloscope, digital multi-meters, signal analyzers, multi-meters, mega ohm meter etc.)
- Ability to accurately annotate and maintain repair documentation.
- Possess good attendance and work ethic. Be punctual and have a good attendance record.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Have the flexibility to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Read and understand complex assembly drawings, schematics, and test procedures.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair electronic-mechanical equipment in a fast paced customer service environment.
- Ability to drill/tap and remove screws.
- Familiarity with the use of calipers and other measuring devices to verify part dimensions.
- Possess a general knowledge of the use and operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Experience with building and troubleshooting wiring harnesses.
- Working knowledge of basic clutch and bearing systems.
- Excellent knowledge of a motor and its internal components.
Required Education and Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent military experience in an electrical or mechanical field.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years verifiable experience as an Electrical /Mechanical Technician.
- Normal work hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Must be flexible to work overtime as required
- Drug and Background screening required