EMI Services is looking for an Electrician whose primary responsibilities include installing, maintaining and upgrading electrical systems and equipment, assisting other skilled trades in the maintenance or repair of equipment for the distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
Work involves most of the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters and voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduits and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary cost estimates for materials and services.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Advise Shop Supervisor on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- 3+ years maintenance electrician experience to include 2 years at a journeyman level.
- Experience must be in an industrial or commercial facilities maintenance environment.
- Requires lifting and moving as much as 50 pounds with assistance as needed.
- Certified journeyman
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent amounts of technical training and experience.
- Government background check and pre-employment drug screening
What We Do
EMI is an industry leading provider of DOD base operation support services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our customers’ trust and our employees’ loyalty. We’ve successfully performed over 60 service contracts and we understand the unique challenges facing today’s military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business partners.The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment our clients’ operations. We provide a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very cost effective and repeatable solution.
- Generous benefits package
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources