Amphenol Pcd has a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work within the aerospace industry – this position will be based out of Los Angeles, CA with occasional travel required.
As our Electrical Engineer, you would be responsible for product development of the Inflight Entertainment System (IFE) peripherals on commercial aircraft. The role is very hands on, busy and varied, and will require flexibility, adapting to changes and working with various stakeholders. This role will suit someone proactive with excellent organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
• Assist in completing design and development right through to release and manufacturing of new IFE products
• Assist in electrical schematic capture and PCB layout
• Assist in electrical component selection and evaluation
• Assist in prototype build-up and test
• Creating product requirements, specifications, and test reports along with support documentations
• Generating BOM estimates
• Assist in product testing and its evaluation and qualification testing
• Hardware and software system testing and troubleshooting
• Interface with customers during design and development stages
• Develop, maintain, and improve on product development procedures
• Provide technical support to other departments such as production, quality, and marketing
• Design and develop production test equipment
• B.S. Electrical Engineering or similar
• Self-starter, uses initiative and can work in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to operate lab equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering iron etc.
• Capable of schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium or similar.
• Minimum of 1 year work experience in a related field
• Familiar with either audio, noise cancellation, electro-acoustic, DC-DC converters, and wireless systems.
• Programming knowledge in Embedded C, Python
• Familiar with DO254 and DO160 standards.
• Familiar with in EMI and ENV lab testing.
• Product development experience from requirements to production.
• Microsoft office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
A Little Bit About Us:
Amphenol Pcd, a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation, is one of the world's leading suppliers of interconnect products for Military, Commercial Aerospace and Industrial applications. Located north of Boston in Beverly, Massachusetts, we design and manufacture a wide range of products - System Attachments, Junction Modules, Relay Sockets, Terminal Blocks, Rectangular & Circular Connectors, and Cable Assemblies & Adapters. With facilities in North America and Asia, Amphenol Pcd products are chosen by hundreds of OEMs around the world reliant on Amphenol's technical excellence, global network of distributors, and cost-effective solutions for custom systems.
Due to the nature of our business, the candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol Pcd is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
This organization participates in E-Verify