Weston & Sampson is seeking a motivated, proactive individual to work within our growing MEP group as an Electrical Designer with 3 years of experience. This position is available in any our Massachusetts or New Hampshire office locations.Ã‚ :
This individual will support our growing internal and external client base serving the commercial, institutional, educational, Water and Wastewater industries The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary professional engineering firm involved in the production of contract documents for the construction industry. An understanding of lighting, power distribution, fire alarm, emergency power generation and the NEC is required.
- Working with a senior engineer to produce design documents for both new and renovation projects for a variety of facility types within the private, public, and municipal sectors
- Design will include field documentation of existing conditions, shop drawing review, and production of contract documents
- Coordinating with multi-disciplinary personnel located in both local and regional offices, sub-consultants, utility companies and equipment vendors and clients. A successful candidate should be capable of working independently under the direction of senior electrical staff and being comfortable initiating coordination with other building systems disciplines.
- Engineer/Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient using Revit
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and results oriented
- Valid driverâ€™s license
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has strived to make the world a better place by offering interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. Innovative and reliable for more than a century, we seek to implement a workplace culture in which all employees are empowered to do their best work while sharing the advantages of their own voice and experience. Join us as we grow.
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company service public and private clients throughout the easter United States. With a staff of more than 700 professionals in offices along the East Coast, Weston & Sampson strives to achieve an exceptional workforce to support the diverse communities we serve and value differences as assets to the organization.
Employee health and safety remain at the forefront of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Corporate Response Team meets regularly to stay up to date with employee needs and concerns, safety protocols and equipment, stay-at-home advisories for all the states in which we operate, and current protocols for our office spaces. The majority of our personnel currently work from home with secure remote access to the company network. We have clear safety standards for in-person site visits or other situations that cannot be accommodated virtually. We also expanded accommodations for flexible schedules and established meeting-free Fridays.
TRANSFORM MORE THAN YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
Weston & Sampson is dedicated to improving the quality of life of both our clients and our employees. We are committed to treating our staff with the highest degree of professional respect, valuing differences, learning from each other, and encouraging our team members to grow and achieve. We provide a comfortable, safe working environment along with the state-of-the-art tools and equipment. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefits packaged, and a welcoming corporate culture where people are recognized for their contributions.
OUR LEARNING CULTURE
Learn and contribute with collaborative teams in a friendly, professional, constantly improving environment.
Competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and career growth, in an equitable, family-friendly work environment.
TALENTED TEAM MEMBERS
Weston & Sampson is an equal opportunity employer, seeking talented, diverse technical and professional staff members. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
PROJECTS AND PEOPLE
Work on meaningful projects that transform the environment, with a team who values your ideas and shares your vision.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal: https://www.westonandsampson.com/join-our-team/