A leading chemical process engineering and construction company, with a long history of executing customized design/build projects, is seeking an Electrical Designer/Entry Level Electrical Engineer with 0 to 5 years experience and a background facility/building design. The successful candidate will have the knowledge and experience to support the in-house engineering team for the design and construction of complex process-facility projects. Projects include new design and construction of manufacturing plants and facilities, and rehabilitation of existing plants/facilities and other high-hazard environments. The Electrical Designer/Entry Level Electrical Engineer will work closely with senior staff to complete engineering activities to support project execution by coordinating with clients, internal engineering team, internal resources, external vendors, contractors and other critical personnel. This is a great opportunity to work closely with a team of talented, high caliber engineers.
We need a designer or engineer with hands on experience who is able to effectively manage their time and complete tasks on their own. The successful candidate should be comfortable with shifting priorities and comfortable with challenging deadlines, as well as managing the activities of several concurrent projects.
You will be working with a 2-3 person Electrical Department on various facility designs. Industries include but are not limited to:
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Food Processing
- Offices/Labs (usually as part of an overall facility)
- General Manufacturing/Warehousing
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing specifications (pulled from a generic library and tailored to specific project needs).
- Performing load calculations.
- Creating electrical drawings for power, lighting, tel/data, security, and others. Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit is preferred.
- Maintaining panel schedules for each branch circuit used.
- Performing lighting calculations.
- Laying out devices on a background.
- Selecting various components (make and model) to use. Will involve small amount of internet research and documentation.
- Travel to jobsites to verify or record information at various stages of projects.
Good communication skills are a must as you will be working with contractors, engineers, clients, and construction personnel. Must have good organizational skills and willingness to learn.
1111 2222 3333 4444