Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $3k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position.
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Electrical Design Engineer in Dedham, MA or Taunton, MA. This position provides an opportunity to work collaboratively with engineers of differing backgrounds to provide innovative technical solutions for our nation’s most advanced secure communications and control systems.
An Electrical Design Engineer is being sought to develop high speed secure communications and control products. The position requires familiarity with all phases of circuit card development, starting with translating customer requirements into well-defined elements that formulate highly reliable, cost sensitive products. Experience with some of the following would be required:
- Mentor tools Suite or equivalent (schematic entry, layout, routing, SI, power analysis)
- Circuit design, including some of the following:
- Embedded processors
- High end FPGAs, SOC FPGAs, state-of-the-art memory devices
- Standard communications and storage protocols
- Low power FPGAs, CPLDs
- Power sequencing, monitoring, management
- High speed circuit design using advanced materials and packaging techniques
- Extremely low power, battery operated design
- High reliability, extreme environment design
- Product based design (DFT, DTUPC)
- Designing, building, testing/debugging, and producing low to high volume embedded products
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, work well on collaborative designs, thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Based on experience and career goals, the successful candidate will be part of a small team that develops complex circuit cards with embedded processor & FPGA-based solutions from concept, though design, layout, analysis, lab integration & design verification, formal test, and production support through product life cycle.
#CJ3Minimum Salary:USD $129,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $143,700.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran