DRIVER SUPERVISOR - LACEY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
The Driver Supervisor will directly manage CDL Drivers and ensure they have the training, equipment, and tools necessary for success. The Driver Supervisor is responsible for the safety, service, and performance of all drivers and will drive continuous improvement in these areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete safety training with each driver. Train drivers to use safe work methods and correct unsafe behaviors.
- Investigate any accidents or injuries and determine root causes and develop a prevention plan.
- Maintain attendance policy and issue warnings and progressive discipline as necessary.
- Manage driver appearance standards.
- Track and improve safety, service elements, and productivity for all drivers.
- Contact customers and effectively resolve issues and complaints.
- Ride with all drivers and identify opportunities for improvement. Assess the route, equipment, etc. and make adjustments or advise on route improvements as needed.
- Foster communication between drivers and management team. Improve operation based on employee input.
- Report to Transportation Manager and cover job duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of transportation principles and methods for transporting goods by commercial vehicle
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes for providing excellent customer service.
- Skilled in time-management and great attention to detail
- Skilled in leading a team and organizing company equipment and resources
- Ability to communicate information and deliver instructions clearly so that that others will understand
- Ability to use a hand truck and walk-board for delivery of products
- Ability to meet physical and mental requirements of job
- Ability to drive commercial vehicles (semi-trucks and trailers up 53 feet, solo trucks, vans, etc.), use a hand truck, use a pallet jack, walk boards, stay bars, etc.
- Ability to work well with other employees and maintain a respectful and professional work environment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Acceptable MVR record
- 3-5 years commercial driving experience with an excellent record, leadership experience, grocery distributing experience preferred.
License and Certifications:
- Class A CDL License required
- Current medical certificate card
- Salaried position: Monday – Friday (Varied 4 day/week schedule) & pay highly competitive with a full benefit package and all personal equipment (phone, laptop etc.) you will need in support of this role