Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
To effectively lead/develop Restaurant General Managers and Assistant Managers towards the attainment of agreed upon goals and profits. Ensures all company objectives are met. Direct conduit between their stores and Ownership
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Reports to Director of Operations / Regional Manager
Exercises direct Supervision over 2-4 General Managers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following;
1. Check schedules during the week before they are in effect to insure restaurants are properly staffed and have a solid plan for the week.
2. Review daily numbers each day of work and communicate with each location to coach and praise on their results.
3. Work lunch and dinner. Ensure that all restaurants are providing Quality Food and Encore Service. Teach and encourage use of systems daily.
4. Perform one RER/Food Safety inspection every period to teach people how to effectively run a restaurant.
5. Perform DM Visit checklist on each visit to follow up on systems, safety and operational goals.
6. Responsible for training all management personnel.
7. Ensure all restaurants are properly staffed and people are properly trained to do their jobs.
8. Ensure that accurate paperwork is turned in weekly and deposits/cash pulls/petty cash reimbursements are validated on weekly cover sheet in dropbox.
9. Provide leadership by engendering excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment to company objectives. Create an Encore Environment.
10. Ensure that correct inventory levels are kept and all equipment is maintained in excellent condition.
11. Set an example by maintaining an excellent working knowledge and a high level of proficiency in the performance of all phases of Restaurant Operations.
12. Supervise in accordance with established performance and operating policies as set out in the Operations Manual.
13. Work with and motivate General Managers, Assistant Managers and Shift Managers to perform up to their highest possible level of ability.
14. Review individual performance with each General Manager, Assistant Manager and Shift Manager twice per year and recommend salary adjustments annually as necessary.
15. Develop management skills of all personnel to continue company growth and Unit Manager promotions. Review tests and performance appraisals of all Management Trainees. Participate in training program.
16. Assume responsibility for attaining a favorable variance to standard. Analyze and review Weekly Numbers, P-n-L’s, food variance reports and other support documents, and take appropriate action to maintain company standards. Personally take an inventory at one unit each period.
17. To ensure all units are in compliance with State, Local and Federal guidelines as pertains to Labor Departments, Health Departments and OSHA etc.
18. Communicate effectively with team members, associates, supervisors and others about plans, progress and problems.
19. Recommend and implement, with Marketing Department, Local Store Marketing ideas.
20. Participate in the development of company policies and standards, salary and incentive plans, annual forecast, product research and development, equipment research development, training programs and management development.
21. Recommend General Managers for promotion to Training Managers, District Managers, etc.
22. Responsible for building sales and making a profit.
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
2. Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 3 yr. multi-unit experience management in a restaurant environment
ZFI certified OTM
ZFI Certified AM and GM
Serve Safe Certified
$80k+ Annual Salary
Company Paid Health Insurance
Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits
Quarterly performance bonus
Zaxby's is an American chain of fast casual restaurants offering chicken wings, chicken fingers, sandwiches, and salads. The chain operates primarily in the South, and has more than 900 locations.