For over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the palates of seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling fish preparations of superior quality and freshness.
Competitive hourly rate $17 - $21 / hour depending on experience.
We keep it reel! Free shift meals, premium benefits, an amazing culinary family, growth opportunities, and more! Are you hooked yet?
What do we bring to the table?
- Growth Opportunities
- Great training and commitment to promotions from within!
- Teamwork / Flexible Hours
- Education Reimbursement
- Generous Dining Discount
- Productive Environment
- Strong company culture
- Delicious food in a beautiful restaurant!
The Dishwasher is the back bone to our business. They are solely responsible for the circulation of all our tools. They ensure all the dishes, glasses, silverware, and kitchen equipment is clean and ready to use when ever needed. They ultimately support all areas of the restaurant and ensure the flow of our business is not interrupted.
Once hired, you will be trained in your area of expertise to ensure your capability and understanding of safety and sanitation. You will be trained on our kitchen standards and you will contribute and excel in a team service environment. You will be responsible for following all company standards and guidelines, and performs opening, on-going, and closing side-work duties.
- 18 years of age
- High School graduate
- Food Handlers Card
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbally in English with management and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to train others on process, prep, and culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned
- Wash all soiled china, glass and flatware using proper cleaning procedures and equipment.
- Under direction of Chef or Sous Chef and time permitting, help with stocking of incoming supplies and perishable items, using proper handling.
- Participate with cleaning of the kitchen, to include the entire back of the house.
- Load and unload china, glass and flatware from dishwasher to their appropriate storage area.
- Maintain a clean, dry and safe dishwashing area and kitchen.
- Follow manager’s instructions.
- Report to supervisor before leaving duty.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Alert management of any safety hazards immediately.
- Notify management of any information pertinent to shift activities
Equal Opportunity Employer