Dishwasher Job Description:
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our restaurant. If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you. Note that this role requires working in shifts including evenings or weekends.
Responsibilities of a Dishwasher:
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
Dishwasher Job Requirements:
- Prior Restaurant experience
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including how to safely operate a commercial dish machine
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of other people
- Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to handle tools, such as knife techniques for chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing
- Ability to stand in one place for hours at a time, handle extreme heat and work shifts
Modern American Restaurant that has been a staple of the Sacramento region for over 30 years. We specialize in seasonal menus highlighting local farm-to-fork bounty. We offer house made pastas made daily and wood fire oven pizzas. Full bar with craft cocktails, an extensive wine selection and local, craft beers.