Dishwasher Job Description:
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our restaurant. If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you. Note that this role requires working in shifts including evenings or weekends.
Responsibilities of a Dishwasher:
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
Dishwasher Job Requirements:
- Prior Restaurant experience
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including how to safely operate a commercial dish machine
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of other people
- Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to handle tools, such as knife techniques for chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing
- Ability to stand in one place for hours at a time, handle extreme heat and work shifts
Upscale restaurant and bar located in Sacramento, California. We serve Modern American cuisine with French and Italian influence highlighting seasonal and local farm to fork bounty. We have a full bar specializing in craft cocktails, seasonal and local beers on tap and an extensive wine selection.