At Navistar, Information Technology drives our organization forward. Whether maintaining critical infrastructures; designing innovative, scalable and integrated systems; or developing IT strategies, standards, methodologies and models, our IT professionals impact the Navistar enterprise in fundamental ways. We believe in empowering our systems people – to uncover better solutions – and we invest heavily in both their professional development and the latest technology innovations so they derive the greatest possible satisfaction from their work.
This program gives students the experience of working in a business, manufacturing, and/or technical environment, which will assist them in relating their academic studies to practical work situations. Interns will develop a working knowledge of the trucking industry in one or more of the following areas: Operations (manufacturing, supply chain, procurement), engineering, information technology, finance/accounting, marketing, communications, legal, or human resources. Students will also develop an understanding of Navistar’s products, customers, values, and processes.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Must be able to provide housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required – For certain positions (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information)
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B or F-1 status)
- At least Sophomore standing for undergrad at the time of application
- Able to work at least 12 weeks (starting the end of May or early June through August)
- Previous applicable internships
- High level of computer skills (Microsoft Applications and Internet)
- Pursuing Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer and Information Technology, Project Management, Business Administration or Business Management
Navistar is a purpose-driven company, reimagining how to deliver what matters to create more cohesive relationships, build higher-performing teams and find solutions where others don't.
Navistar is the Lisle, Illinois-based parent company of International® brand commercial trucks and engines, IC Bus® brand school and commercial buses, all-makes OnCommand® Connection advanced connectivity services, aftermarket parts brands Fleetrite®, ReNEWed® and Diamond Advantage® and Brazilian manufacturer of engines and gensets MWM Motores Diesel e Geradores.
With a history of innovation dating back to 1831, Navistar has more than 12,000 employees worldwide and is part of TRATON SE, a global champion of the truck and transport services industry.
Accelerating the Impact of Sustainable Mobility
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.